RAYMOND LESTER LANDTROOP, 93, passed away May 22,
2014 in his Irving home. He was buried with military
honors at the Dallas-Ft. Worth National Cemeter.
He was born on July 19, 1920 in Burleson, TX to Green
Franklin Landtroop & Bertha Edith Lester Landtroop.
Raymond attended Ranger High School in the Class of
1938 at Ranger, TX & was a veteran of the US Army Air
Corps serving during World War II. He obtained the
rank of Captain after flying 31 missions in a B-24
Bomber over France, Germany and England. He was
awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross, EAME Campaign
Medal with three Bronze Stars and an Air Medal with
three Oak Leave Clusters. Raymond married Helen Rose
Green, the love of his life, in June of 1958 in
Dallas, TX. Raymond was the founder & owner of Triple
L Machine Company in Irving. He moved his family to
Irving in 1968 where he was a longtime member of First
Covenant Church. He was a member of Tannehill Lodge
#52 A.F. & A.M., Hella Shrine Club and Irving Shrine
Club for many years.
Raymond was preceded in death by his wife, Helen Rose
Landtroop, his parents, three brothers, Homer Landtroop,
Loyd Landtroop (RHS-1931) and Marshall Landtroop; and
one sister, Lois Angus.
At the time of his death, he was survived by his son,
Larry Lester Landtroop and wife, Linda Gayle Landtroop
of Duncanville, TX; two grandsons, Ryan Lester Landtroop
of Irving, and Jason Elliott Landtroop and wife, Christy
of Mansfield, TX; and three great-grandchildren, Abigayle
Marie Landtroop, Calleigh Sue Landtroop and Kirkland